As we are confronted by the COVID-19 outbreak our thoughts are with those who are affected by this directly and indirectly during this difficult time.
The Seychelles Islands remains one of the world’s safest destinations to travel to right now. As of 1st of August 2020, Seychelles open its borders to commercial scheduled flights, hence provide flexibility for visitors to travel to the islands. Visitors are requested to adhere to all measures stated by the government of Seychelles and ensure that all requirements are met prior to arrival.
1. Visitors coming from low-risk countries must have a negative COVID-19 PCR certificate from an authorized laboratory dating no more than 72 hours from the date of travel. In the event that a PCR test is not available, a Rapid Antigen test will be required. Whereas for visitors coming from medium risk countries, they will require a negative PCR certificate no more than 72 hours from the date of travel. Visitors coming from high-risk countries will not be authorized to enter Seychelles. Please visit http://www.health.gov.sc/ for the list of approved low and medium risk countries.
2. All negative test result certificates as well as a completed form with details of all flights and accommodation facilities must be sent to the Public Health Authority on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If visitors fail to submit the tests results, flights and accommodation details they will be subjected to a COVID-19 PCR or a Rapid Antigen test upon arrival.
3. Upon check-in, all travelers coming to Seychelles must submit the approved test results to their respective airline companies for verification. Visitors must comply with all airline protocols upon embarkation.
4. Visitors must ensure that accommodation bookings are made only at licensed accommodation establishments that have been certified by the Public Health Authority, like Coral Strand Smart Choice. All booking vouchers reflecting the entire duration of their stay in Seychelles must be presented at the immigration counter for verification. If upon arrival visitors have not booked in a licensed and certified accommodation establishment, they will be directed to another establishment that has been certified.
5. Visitors must ensure that they have a valid travel insurance with full medical coverage for the duration of their entire stay in Seychelles.
1. The Seychelles International Airport shall ensure that measures are in place for safe movement at the airport as follows:
• Disembarkation should be done in an orderly manner based on inflight seating arrangements.
• Face masks should be worn before leaving the aircraft.
• A safe distance of at least one metre should be maintained between all visitors, passengers and staff at all times.
• Visitors should practice good hand and respiratory hygiene.
• When collecting luggage, visitors must ensure that a safe distance of at least one metre from other persons is maintained. The area within the conveyor belt has been demarcated to guide visitors.
• Visitors may make use of trolleys that have been disinfected and located at clearly demarcated areas.
2. All visitors will be subjected to temperature checks and health screening.
• Any visitor who disembarks with respiratory symptoms such as cough, runny nose or shortness of breath will be isolated from other travellers and be subjected to further tests.
• Additionally, visitors may be required to undertake a COVID-19 PCR or Rapid Antigen test upon disembarkation.
• Transfer of visitors from the airport to the place of accommodation will be done only by authorized transport and visitors must at all times follow instructions provided by the operators. Airport transfer can be arranged for Coral Strand Smart Choice guests. For transfer reservation, please provide us with your flight details by email: email@example.com at least 24 hour before arrival date.
• Visitors will not be authorised to use public buses.
• Physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
• Visitors with connecting domestic flights to other islands should remain on the airport compound.
• Visitors may only stay in establishments that have been certified by the Public Health Authority. Coral Strand Smart Choice has a health certificate by the Public Health Authority of Seychelles.
• Upon arrival in Seychelles, visitors must stay in not more than two accommodations for the first 7 days.
• Visitors are required to adhere to all guidelines in place for hygiene and physical distancing and should keep interaction with other visitors not in their travel group to a minimum.
Your safety, comfort and wellbeing is of utmost importance to us. Though we have always placed high emphasis on cleanliness and hygiene we have now stepped up our control measures in order to ensure every stay of our guests is safe, clean and comfortable.
Some of our measures include:
• Rigorous cleaning and sanitization of guest rooms and public areas.
• Frequent sanitization of high-contact points, such as elevator buttons, door handles, reception counters, rest rooms etc.
• Sensor based hand sanitizers placed in all public areas of the hotel.
• Infrared thermometers available at front desk to conduct temperature checks of our guests and employees.
• Availability of medical masks and gloves for our guests and employees.
• Regular training of our employees ensuring proper hygiene and awareness of COVID-19.
• Strict hygiene protocols are in place for staff in the kitchens, restaurants, in-room dining, to ensure food is prepared and handled properly.
• Updated and detailed cleaning checklists, including the use of professionally identified chemicals and agents for all areas, including laundry, are being followed and monitored closely.
Any visitor wishing to indulge in recreational activities such as tours, excursions, sightseeing etc. are required to use licensed tourism service providers that have been certified by the Public Health Authority. Please visit http://tourism.gov.sc/covid-19-guidelines/ for the list of approved tourism service providers.
Some countries and airlines have introduced a mandatory requirement for passengers to have a negative PCR test before boarding to aircraft when returning home. The test for COVID-19 is available in Seychelles. All tests for the virus are conducted in the Public Health Lab of the Seychelles Hospital by qualified health professionals according to set international standards. Please visit the website of Seychelles Hospital for additional information: http://www.health.gov.sc/index.php/contact/
Flexibility of Your Travel Plans:
We understand that your travel plans could be affected during this unprecedented time and therefore implemented the following policy:
For all new bookings with a travel period from June 01 to December 23, 2020 amendment or cancellation is available 14 days prior to arrival or 24 hours prior to arrival according to the selected rate plan. These conditions apply only to new bookings made from 01 June until 31 August 2020.
We are committed to welcome our guests to our hotel with the same warmth and hospitality. Whenever you are ready to travel, the Coral Strand team will be here to welcome you for yet another memorable experience with us.
Coral Strand Smart Choice