Das Hotel allgemein
The award winning Gondwana Game Reserve provides the perfect safari break for Cape Town visitors and residents. Less than a
four hour drive away along the popular Garden Route, the 11,000 hectare private game reserve off ers a distinctive and luxurious
malaria-free safari experience. Indigenous Fynbos vegetation cloaks the undulating valleys, adding vivid colour and interest to
a Big Five wilderness experience with awe inspiring views of the Langeberg Mountains wherever you look. This exclusive reserve
offers guests a variety of luxury accommodation with inspiring interiors, attentive service, superb cuisine, expert game rangers,
exhilarating game drives and an array of other activities including mountain biking, the Junior Ranger program, conservation
activities, guided fynbos walks, fi shing, and Africology spa treatments.
Full board and half board packages are offered including gourmet meals in a variety of locations and daily game drives in
open Game Viewing vehicles with expert field guides. The private free Big Five game reserve is home to 15 antelope species,
17 predator species and 1000 species of fynbos. An 1 000 hectare protected endangered species area provides the ideal
environment for Mountain biking, fishing, and hiking. Gondwana’s popular Junior Ranger Program is included for children with
a custom activity backpack including educational safari booklet and various activity modules completed throughout their stay.
World-class tourist facilities and attractions on Gondwana’s doorstep include championship golf courses at Pinnacle Point,
Pezula, Oubaai and Fancourt, great swimming and surfi ng beaches and the attractive coastal towns of
Knysna and Plettenberg Bay.
Die Lage des Hotels
A comfortable 4 hours drive from Cape Town or alternatively a 45 minute transfer from George Airport to the Reserve.
Zimmer / Unterbringung im Hotel
There are 5 accommodation offerings on the Reserve:
* Kwena Main Lodge: 14 stand-alone bedroom suites designed with a modern and luxurious twist on the traditional Khoi-San “hut” for romantic safari accommodation. Each open plan suite is nestled into its spectacular surrounds with 180-degree views of the spectacular
mountains and Fynbos scenery, sky lights for star gazing, fi replaces and deep baths to keep you warm upon return from an
evening game drive.
* Fynbos and Bush Villa's: 16 Private Fynbos Villas and Bush Villas offer total privacy and spaciousness to groups particularly families with children. The deluxe three and four bedroom villas feature an open plan lounge with kitchen and dining room all opening onto a wrap around deck with magnificent valley and mountain views.
* Ulubisi House: Luxuriously spacious and stylish African villa with your own Field Guide, Chef and Butler. The villa is privately situated in the reserve’s 1200 hectare walking area surrounded by grasslands teaming with game. Three luxurious guest suites, with endless mountain views, provide extravagant accommodation for 6 adults or 4 adults and 4 children. The ultimate bush getaway to restore and revive with friends or family in a Big 5 game reserve ideally and accessibly located on the Garden Route.
* Tented Eco Camp: Gondwana Game Reserve has developed a one of a kind conservation tourism experience for individuals, families
or groups who want to get more involved in Africa on their safari. Participants will be involved in wildlife and veld management, learn important bush skills and interpretation, and simply enjoy a behind the scenes view of a Big Five private game reserve. The research and findings from the program are fed back to Gondwana’s conservation department to assist in decision making enhancing the reserve management plan. The itinerary will include plenty of game drives, bush walks, and down time in an utterly inspiring landscape. This is your chance to get involved with the important conservation work of a Big Five game reserve and not only enjoy but contribute.
* NEWLY LAUNCHED: Walking Safari Trail called Pioneer Trail. Just bring your boots!
We have recently launched a three night walking trail traversing through the private, Big five, 11 500 hectare, malaria free game reserve. The trail takes you to three remote tented fly camp locations with two full days of hiking. Your expert trail guides will intimately expose you to the Reserve’s unique biodiversity and eco systems while experiencing the Big Five and multiple species of antelope on foot.
Gondwana’s Pioneer Trail is the ultimate slack packing adventure where your belongings are moved daily between the three camps, allowing you to experience the dramatic Fynbos landscape with only a light day pack. Each exclusive camp is comprised of four tents with en-suite bathrooms sleeping a maximum of 8 guests. Homemade African inspired meals are catered for you with cold beverages on tap. You literally need to “just bring your boots” and the Pioneer Trail team will do the rest. It has been said there is no better way to experience nature and wildlife than on foot.
Gastronomie im Hotel
The Main Lodge offers 2 indoor dining area's, a breakfast boma and an exclusive deck area overlooking two watering holes so that one can view wildlife whilst dining.
Sport und Unterhaltung
Besides spectacular game viewing, additional activities onsite include Mountain Biking, Fishing, Hiking, Conservation Activities, Guided Fynbos Bush Walks, Botanical Conservation Experience and Spa Treatments.
there is a Fun and educational Junior Ranger Program for children including custom activity book and various activity modules such as tracking, fishing, and star gazing to name but a few activities.
Sonstige Einrichtungen und Services
The Reception is manned 24 hours a day by Management and Staff.