BANGKOK -- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok has instructed the Thai Embassies and Consulates abroad to be stricter with requirements when applicants are applying for 60-days Tourist visas for Thailand.
The Royal Thai Embassies, Consulates and Consulates-General will from now require a confirmed airline ticket with flight numbers and date of entry/exit, plus confirmed hotel reservations with name and dates of checking in/out.
Required documents are:
- One completed and signed application form
- One photo (colour, size 4 x 6 cm)
- Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)
- Hotel reservation in Thailand with name and dates of checking in/out
- Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number and date of entry/exit
Please note that
Consular officers reserve the rights to ask for additional documents as deemed necessary.
In the absence of a required document, a letter indicating the unavailability of such document must be provided.
Ein schwerer Schlag für die Backpackerszene.... jedenfalls es länger als 4 Wochen nach Thailand geht..... ?