For different languages, click below:
The Code of Conduct is a framework for hotel managers that specifies the options and restrictions in handling hotel reviews at HolidayCheck.
- Use of the free HolidayCheck Review-Tool, which reminds guests after their departure to submit a review, and third-party systems that work in the same way.
- Use of an after-travel email system
- Dispatch of newsletters or notes in the in-house mail/guest magazine
- Use of review cards or a note on the invoice
- Provision of devices for writing reviews in the hotel (e.g. review terminals and tablets)
- Review days and campaigns in the hotel where guests are to write and submit hotel reviews directly
- Use of systems that controls publication of reviews depending on satisfaction
- Use of paper questionnaires and manual input of the review in the names of the guests
- Reviews by hotel employees or their family members (even if they used hotel services)
- Reviews by people who did not use any services in the hotel
- Exerting pressure or urging to submit, change or delete a review
- Buying reviews
Violations of the Code of Conduct will lead to direct consequences, from warning notes on the hotel profile, to legal steps, to exclusion from the HolidayCheck Award and “Recommended on HolidayCheck” as well as loss of existing awards.
If you are not certain that your procedure is in compliance with the rules, contact us at email@example.com
Valid as of 15 April 2019